Sunday, October 5, 2008

"Live For Today"



I always look forward to listening to President Monson speak. He said, "Live for today". Sometimes I find myself looking too far ahead and forget what is happening today. I need to cherish what my children are doing now because before to long, they are gone and don't need me anymore. One example, is Hunter. Everynight I am to tuck him in bed. Sometimes, I do this grudgingly because I too may already be in bed, or I have already been up the stairs a ton of times and don't want to go up again. But, I go. I need to cherish this time because, one day, Hunter isn't going to want me to tuck him in. So today I am challenging myself and the rest of you to "Live for Today" and be grateful for what we have now.

2 comments:

Johnson said...

Good post. I like it.

Clayfrogger (a.k.a. Delores) said...

Okay so last night as I tucked Mackenzie into bed and scratched her back for "forever" I thought of you and didn't rush it. Thanks.