Monday, October 6, 2008

"Come what may and love it"

When you don't think General Conference could get any better it does. I have been listening to Saturday's session. I thoroughly enjoyed Joseph B. Wirthlin. He talked on despair, adversity and how to deal with it. One thing that touched me the most was to "laugh". I find myself getting upset at drivers and dumb things - he said laugh. He gave great examples of times when his family could have been very upset but instead they laughed. His mother always said to him during times of adversity "Come what may and love it". Wow! He is a great speaker.

2 comments:

Katrina said...

So true!! I was laughing so hard at the story about his daughters and the babysitter and the date! SO FUNNY! Laughing sure does make life better doesn't it!! My mom was able to come and stay with me for 10 days after Talon was born. It was so great! She loves to check out your blog and it was fun for her to see all of your pictures of the family!! Have a great and HAPPY day!

That girl said...

I loved his talk as well. I love to hear him speak. He has been around long enough to give great advice and counsel each time he speaks. Thanks for your comments on conference, I love to hear them!